Until Freedom has been on the frontlines fighting for justice and focusing on police accountability and criminal justice reform. Our theory of change integrates coalition building, on the ground organizing, direct action and training with policy advocacy and political education.
We believe those closest to the pain are closest to the solution. We identify a campaign, build local relationships, power map and design direct action and short term and long-term goals. We are committed to using our extensive experience to build the capacity of local communities often ignored by mainstream philanthropy and national movements to lead and participate in transformative change.
We seek to fulfill our mission through:
- Campaign development with tangible demands – when presented with a tragedy, a case of injustice, or bad policy we have the ability to build a multi-faceted and multi-pronged campaign that includes digital communications, messaging, a power analysis, and winnable asks.
- Rapid response and triage – we have the training and ability to quickly mobilize contacts, organizers, faith leaders, and organizations.
- Training and resource development with a focus on underserved communities – we have expertise on a wide range of issues and have a track record of providing sought out workshops and trainings in organizing 101, building your brand, how to use social media effectively, media 101, financial literacy, crisis communications, and management, amongst other topics and subjects.
- Media advocacy – effectively using the media to raise awareness on important issues impacting Black and brown communities through editorial board meetings, opinion pieces, relationship building
- Partnerships with influencers to uplift campaigns and stories – we act as a clearinghouse for influencers and artists on issue campaigns and provide resources and information so they can amplify important community-led solutions
- Faith-based outreach and engagement